Following are the prerequisites for patch apply process.
- Updated VC 2005 redistributable available in patch server.
- User applying the patch should be the user who was set up to install and configure EPM System products.
- Patch pre-requisites patches ( there are few patches which require a required path applyied on system then only current patch applied properly).
- Interim initial patch must be applied to server.
- Patches to be applied by requested oracle on recommendations.
- EPM_MIDDLEWARE_HOME to be set, this path is as follows < $HOME/Oracle/Middleware/EPMSystem11R1>
- MIDDLEWARE_HOME is to be set for java location default location is <C:\Oracle\Middleware>
Patch applied based on read me provided along with patch, after patch downloaded to server patch must be unzipped to opatch location.The default location for opatch is
After patch download unzip and place in opatch folder.In my case patch number ""17529887" and applying to 126.96.36.199.0 and patch version is 188.8.131.52.500.XX
after unzip patch rename it to 17529887 remove "_WINX64" because oracle patch command will not recognize these wordings.
Before applying interim patch check for inventory to find any patches exist in current system.
command for inventory is
opatch.bat lsinventory -oh